After 2 1/2 long years of waiting, we finally have Samantha in our arms. She was exactly on time at 2:30PM, just as we were told. Punctual little thing. They came to our hotel room, our facilitator and interpretor, the and 3 orphanage workers. They lady that was holding Samantha just walked in and handed her to me. She looked just like her referral picture but with a lot more hair. I get to try bows tomorrow- that will be a hoot! They only stayed a couple of minutes and left. We took turns holding her and taking pictures for about 10 minutes, they she let the flood gates open. Now, after 2 hours of crying she just fell asleep. Whewww. She did play a little. But put yourself in her shoes, which were actually cute,she has lost her birth mother, a foster mom, and now the orphanage. She has to be terrified. We are expecting them to come back to sign more papers any minute now, so I will post more later.
ps. she likes baby keys and Gerber puff things, and I did ok with her bottle!
ps. she likes baby keys and Gerber puff things, and I did ok with her bottle!
I cannot view the blog so I can't read your comments but please continue leave them, we will read them when we get home.
15 comments:
She is beautiful.....Cant't wait't to see her.It is 5am here and Uncle Mike and Aunt Kelli are up looking at their new niece's picture. Abbey,Oliver,Dinky,Maggie,Ozzy,Slick want to say hello to their new cousin....
It's Aunti Di. You are so beautiful. When i looked at your picture the my heart felt so much lighter. After 2 1/2 years of talking about what you would look like. Here you are. I can't wait to give you a big hug. I love all of you, see ya soon. Di
She is so beautiful....We can't wait to see her. You should be able to get bows in her hair. I know that your long 2 1/2 years wait was worth every tear she cried. Give her a hug and a kiss from us and we can't wait to see you guys....
Patty, Danyale and Dylon
Congratulations! She is precious!
How exciting for both of you and what a beautiful girl!! I'll let Dawson see as soon as he gets back from P.E. He's doing well in school--and seems to be having a great time with his grandparents. (Ms. MacIntyre)
Hey Todd, Anna Marie, and Samantha! Samantha is beautiful!!! We can't wait to see her when you all get home! We are so happy to have another addition to the family! I know Carly and Samantha will be very close. We are glad the wait is over and you both finally have your baby girl! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Love Steven, Anna, and Carly
Hi this is dawson,the pictures now and then are very different. Some of my classmates saw the pictures they were Arlind,Lucy,and Austin.Well bye.
I just turned on my computer and I was so excited I had to call Daniel at work. She is so cute and beautiful I just want to reach in the computer and squeeze her. She doesn't realize how loved she is already. She will have all the love she could possibly ask for and then some in this family. I know you are so excited and ready to come home to get her settled in. She's going to think she's at the royal palace when she comes home and sees the beautiful room you made for her. Well we miss yall and can't wait to you get home, but until then have fun and enjoy the trip and experience of a life time!!!!!
Love Amy
She is so precious! It's so surreal to finally see her in your arms. I know you're in heaven! Her brothers are going to have so much fun with her. We can't wait to see you guys!
Love,
Kim, Charlie and Ellie
P.S. Samantha and Charlie have the same birthday- He's 40 today!!
Oops! I was wrong- her birthday is the day after Charlie's!
Congratulations! You are all so blessed -- I missed Sunday School yesterday so I didn't get any updates but am glad to find your blog! Can't wait to meet her at church! She is just beautiful!
WOW... What an amazing experience you are having and to finally have Samantha in your arms is such a blessing! I couldn't help but cry when I read your blog today. Tears of joy of course! Adoption (being adopted myself) is such an awesome thing and i can tell you that my life has been so blessed by the parents that God has choosen for me as I know you were choosen to be Samantha's parents. My prayers will be with you and I can't wait to meet that precious girl!
I'll be keeping up!
Allison Bruce
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful girl. I am so glad to have her as a part of our family. She will ge greatly loved. May God bless her and the both of you and keep you all safe on the rest of your trip and always. The boys were very well behaved yesterday with us and we had a great time. Can't wait to see yall back home. You are in my prayers.
Love, Daniel
HShe is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you, I can't wait to see her and spend the week with you guys at the beach. Congratulations. See ya soon.
Love,
Donna C.
Oh my gosh -what can I say! I turned on the computer and could not believe the pictures!! She is just beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes and Doug and I are so-- happy for you both, the boys and your entire family. Amy is right ,she will have all the love she will ever need with your wonderful family. You have been truly blessed.
Love to you all
Penny & Doug
Post a Comment