Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ming Tombs and THE GREAT WALL!!









Todd acted like a kid going to a candy store today. Seeing the Great Wall has always been a dream of his. We started off the day with a so so breakfast again, then went to the Ming Tombs- very interesting. It is amazing to learn that life wasn't all fun, games, food, and women for the emperors. They basically lead very isolated lives. They never ventured far for fear of attacks or what Todd would say- bad MOJO.
It started raining after that. We went to a jade market while it rained, hoping the rain would go away. (I forgot to mention that we went to a pearl market yesterday.) The markets were fun, but a little frustrating because of all the pressure that salesgirls placed on you. Todd actually got good at saying "no" to purchases. He did encourage me to splurge a little yesterday for pearls- and he doesn't even like them.
Then we traveled a little further North to The Great Wall. the further North we went the cooler it got. Todd actually said something he rarely says to me-"you were right, it's cold up here." I tried to get him to repeat that phrase- at least the first part- he declined with his little sarcastic smile. We had on shorts!
Seeing, touching, and walking on The Great Wall was incredible- something neither one of thought we would have the opportunity to do. It was everything we ever thought it would be.
We made it to the top-at least the top of the part we were on. It took about 30 minutes to walk (hike) up. And a little less to come down. I never knew how steep it was. We took a couple breaks on the way up to "take pictures". HA! One thing we have noticed about the Chinese people- young and old is that they like to pose in some way for every picture they have made. So Todd and I decided to join in. I hope I can get the pictures to upload today to show.
Love to everyone- friends and family.
Anna Marie and Todd ( Mommy and Daddy to our 3 boys, miss you bunches!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're happy to see you made it there safely. I' happy that Todd got the see the Great Wall. I am jealous. I am amazed my sister left the United States. I'm so happy for both of you. I can't wait see my niece. Enjoy the trip and take lots of pictures.

Love Uncle Mike and aunt Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd & Anna Marie: Glad you guys arrived safely. The boys got to ride and drive the golf cart Thursday. They were happy!!! Your blog is great. All is well here, so embrace the experience. It will all be over before you know it. Our thoughts are with you! Rodney & Sheree

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd and Anna Marie! In a few hours you will be holding your daughter in your arms for the first time, and we hope it is everything you dreamed it would be. We can't wait to see her. The boys are fine. They went to the movies today with Slade. We love seeing the pictures of your trip. Love Ryan, Kelly, Emma-Brooke and Logan.

Anonymous said...

Hey mama,hey daddy. Dawson and I went to the movies today with Slade. We went to see Iron Man. It was so COOL!!! It was like the best movie we have seen. We also went to the spring fling. The rides were so fun. We went with grandma Fran and papa Ron. We love you,bye.
Love Colton and Dawson


Love Colton and Dawson

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd and Annna Marie. I am jealous I wish I was there with ya'll standing on the Great Wall. Me and Daniel and the kids went to see Iron Man and they all loved it. We can't wait to see Samantha. It's hard to type because me and Daniel were working on our rock flower beds and Gracie was trying to help and needless to say she threw a four pound rock on my finger. I thought it was broke but they took Xrays and said it was just sprained. So much for yard work. Ha Ha. See why I wish I was with ya'll. I wouldnt have this splint on my finger. Enjoy yourselves and give her a kiss for us.
Love Amy,Daniel,Slade,and Gracie

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd and Anna Marie! We are glad you're having such a great time, and we're very jealous! The Great Wall trip sounds like an amazing experience. We're all eager to lay eyes on Samantha! We hope everything goes well when you meet your little girl! We love you, and we'll see you tomorrow night via webcam. Steven, Anna, and Carly :)

Anonymous said...

Hey mom and dad this is Dawson.I saw samatha's eight teeth.Yesterday we went to slade's concert.When they started playing Carly was pretendind to play the drums.We'll bye.