Friday, May 9, 2008

porcelin shop and the zoo

All ready to go out for the morning.

I woke up very happy today. I fell asleep in Mama's arms at the zoo.
I sleep so good.

This morning we went to a porcelain shop. It was small but had some really nice things. This province, Jiangxi, in know for their quality of porcelain. Emperors requested their porcelain from this province because of the beauty and quality. They, the province, spared no expense to please the emperor. They even still have schools here to teach the art. We saw some being made earlier in the week and it is very tedious. We bought a couple things, but did not have them shipped. Now we are concerned that we didn't. I guess we will be paying extra for our luggage being over weight.

We then went to the zoo. In our opinion, mine AND Todd's, we thought the conditions there were less than optimal for the animals. We saw a show that was very impressive, but left after we saw a bear being kicked just offstage. That is all I will say on that subject. PETA would have had a fit!

We are counting every minute until we get to go home to our boys, family and friends.

Love,

Todd, Anna Marie, and Samantha (she wants to go home too)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Samatha is so beautiful. I can not wait to see her little face. From all the pictures she looks so cute. I know we are going to best buds at the beach. I can't wait to make sandcastles and play on the beach with her and the boys. I love you all. Have a safe trip home see you at the airport.
Love ya, Carly

Anonymous said...

I love today pictures. Everyday she smiles bigger and bigger. She is a very happy girl. This is great. See ya soon.
Love, Di

Anonymous said...

Samantha, smiles are worth a thousand words and you have a beautiful smile-which indicates you are happy with your Mom and Dad. Can't wait to hold you.

Love,
Grandma Fran & Papa Ron

Anonymous said...

We had a good time last night Slade had a orchestra concert and mom brought Colton and Dawson they loved it. After the elementary schools played the High Schoolers got up there and played a piece from Pirates of the Caribiean. It blew me away how good it sounded. The boys were telling Deana and Jeff about their new sister and Colton pulled out his picture he had of her in his bill fold. He's so proud of his new sister!!! They love telling everyone about her. You don't have to worry about them getting bored because everyone is keeping them busy. I think their counting the days until you and Samantha come home and so our we. Have fun and you'll be here before you know it.
Love Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I just found out that you guys are in China with Samantha. I am so happy for you!!! She is absolutely adorable. I know that you guys are ready to come home and we can't wait until you do. You know us, we are dying to see her. Georgia is ready for someone to play with too. God Bless you all and have a safe trip home.

Carmen

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you made it there safely. Happy Anniversary to you both. Sam is soo cute. She seems to be adjusting well. I know you can't wait to come home. Be safe and take care.

Anonymous said...

Hello Peacocks, the pictures of Samantha are fantastic. You can certainly tell in the more recent pictures that she has warmed up to you guys tremendously. She feels the love and it shows in her precious little face. Your work there is almost finished. So we're wishing you safe travels home and look forward to meeting Miss Samantha.

Love,
Sheree & Rodney

P.S. Pack the porcelain in the middle of the bag surrounded by