Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finally in Guangzhou


Just chillin at the lounge at the Gloria Hotel before leaving for the airport. Samantha's first plane ride.
Being such a good girl at her medical exam.

Yes I hear the squeeky toy! I'm so tired, Mommy.

We flew from Nanchang to Guangzhou yesterday. I guess we were in the airport or in the sky during the earthquake. It actually wasn't anywhere near us and we felt nothing.
The flight was uneventful. Samantha slept most of the 1 hour and 10 minute flight.
You should see our room at the Victory! There were no suites left so they had to put us in the Victoria Suite. It is very posh. Noone told us about the upgrade so I hustled back downstairs and questioned them. They just grinned and said we had this room for all 4 nights at no extra charge. It is pretty swank! It even has a sauna in one of the 2 full bathrooms. But the bed it still hard! And we still want to go HOME!!!
Samantha had her medical exam this morning. She did great. All of the babies in our group did good. Samantha has a rash on her torso but they said it was just an allergic reaction to something like soap or our laundry detergent. She is just sensitive like her Daddy.
For dinner last night we ate here at the Victory. I had steak-a little
too rare for my taste, and Todd has spaghetti- was the bomb! The breakfast was bad though. It was better in Nanchang.
Lunch was at McDonald's again. Third time this trip. It taste real.
We went to another pearl market today. It was actually in a mall- kinda. You know I love jewelry.
As soon as Samantha wakes up from her nap we are going to check out the shopping around the hotel and take Todd to Starbucks!
Love to all.
Hang in there boys, Friday's coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait 'til Firday! I want to hold her,she seems so happy-a big change from the May 6th pictures. You both have bonded well with her in a short time. I know brothers will have a wonderful time teaching her what they know. They are very excited and can hardly control themselves.

See you at the airport.

Love Mom (grandma Fran and Papa Ron)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. She is sitting there like I know i am cute. Please tell me again how cute I am. She is so sweet. Friday is almost here, Carly and Blake are counting the days. I am so happy can't wait to see you at the airport. It was great to talk with both of you yesterday. I miss both of you. With lots of love Di.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you guy's how lucky ya'll are to have such a beautiful little angle. I am also greatful that the earthquake was no where near you I hope your trip home will be great and as soon as you come to di's house please let me know I would love to see ya'll and little sweety. have a safe trip
love cyndy

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord that you were not effected by the earthquake! We were very concerned for you guys! Happy Mother's day to you! What a fantastic mom you are to those great boys and will be to that lil' baby girl! Love the pics! Take care & fly home safely!

Anonymous said...

I was worried about you three when I heard of the earthquake. I am glad you are all safe. I have been keeping up with your blogs. Your daughter is very beautiful and she is lucky to have the two of you as parents. I hope you have a safe trip home. Susan T.