Wednesday, May 7, 2008

All fun and games?----NOT

We realized we mostly post the good stuff. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good, but there are some less than fun stuff too.
First of all we miss our boys desperately! We cannot wait to get our hands on them.
The smog here is awful. Both cities we have been in are terribly smoggy. It's like being in a smokey bar for days. Our throats are scratchy and we cough a lot. Sometimes I feel like I can't even get a sentence out without having to cough.
We are hungry. Granted we are not all that adventurous with food at home, but we thought it would be easier than it is. The eggs in Beijing were awful. We did find out just today that the eggs here in Nanchang are ok. We honestly are just eating enough to sustain ourselves. We haven't had but a couple of enjoyable meals.
Todd misses less strong, good coffee.
I miss Diet Cokes- Coke Lite here in China tastes like RC or Tabb. I drank one Coke Lite and that pretty much killed my craving for DC. I now know I will have to wait until we get home.
We are kinda bored. Even though we have had several tours, we miss our home schedule. Todd misses working in the yard and I miss cooking. And there is only so much TV you can watch while not touring. There are some American channels. We have watched lots of movies. But we miss American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Lost, and Survivor.
We miss being ignored while shopping at the mall. If you so much as glance at an item in a store they try to get your size or show you something else. They stand so close to you that you can't even turn around without being face to face with them. Some may find this good customer service, but is very irritating. If they would let us look in peace, we may actually purchase something. We have hardly bought anything- and that is not like us!
We just needed to vent. WE MISS HOME AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!

Love you boys!, See you soon.

Oh yeah today is our 13th wedding anniversary. Yay us. Boy we wish we could go to City Range Grill tonight!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound bad, I wish I could put DC and coffee in the computer with some good food for the two of you. But not to much longer and you will be home. Happy Anniversary to my best friends in the world. I love you both. Take care and give baby girl a big hug and kiss from Aunti Di.
With lots of love,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hey darling! Hang in there, Friday's coming, and it will all be worth it whenever you step off the plane at GSP. We miss you both, excuse me, all three very much. I think of several things daily I would love to pick up the phone and chat about. We can hardly wait to get our hands on our beautiful grandaughter! Your diet coke will be waiting for you at the airport!

Love to all,
Mom and Dad (Grandma Fran & Papa Ron) to Samantha.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!! When you step off the plane it will be worth it all. Tell Todd I will make him some baked beans; if he can't wait until July to get some. ha! ha! If I had to do without Dr. Pepper like you are doing without Diet Coke, I know it would be very hard. Can't wait to see you guys back home and get to meet my new cousin. Happy Anniversary!! You can celebrate at City Range when you get back here.
Love you guys,
Patty

Anonymous said...

When we were in China we didn't have a problem with food because we basically ate Chinese food, nothing too adventurous though. We traveled with a large couple who basically would only eat the american food (which tastes different in China) because of supposedly delicate digestive systems. You will like the food in Guanghou, on and off Shamin Island. As for tv I agree there isn't too much on there but since we have a tendency to watch too much at home it was a welcome break.

Anonymous said...

I promise it will be so much better when you get to Guangzhou. Make sure you eat at the Cow and Bridge. That was our favorite (and Lucy's too!) Cow and Bridge has the most amazing fresh squeezed apple juice that I've ever had! Hang in there! Our "China Group" will be skyping with you guys tonight- can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Todd, Anna Marie & Samantha: My x-ray tech at the Dr's office told me today her brother and sister-in-law from Raleigh are in China right now adopting a 4 yr. old little boy. Their last names are Heath (I think). They left the same day as you guys, but from Raleigh, NC. Small world, huh? I understand about the food, wish I could make some suggestions. Hang in there, you have the first week behind you. Samantha is beautiful, but so are the boys. They are so sweet. Dawson was playing with my navigation system in the car yesterday. He's such a hoot !!! So curious and funny. Colton is such the opposite. So quiet and serious, but sincere. Both are loving boys, you guys have done such a great job with them. Take care and drink it all in, you will want to be able to share your experiences with Samantha when she's older.

Love,
Sheree & Rodney

Alice said...

We too felt the same way about China. We got back on April 12th and while I read your post I can understand you completely. Home will come quickly. We were in China for 17 killer days and don't miss it one bit. We are just glad we have our daughter and are finally home. Soon China will just be a dream.

Alice